07/03/2016

DANCING OWL

While I was searching for some inspiration about layouts on Pinterest, I came across with this idea.

First I mod podged the surface with a nice decorative paper. I also mod podged the background of the canvas with another paper. I tore the canvas diagonally and vertically; rolled the pieces inside out, and fastened the rolls with some glue. I , again, used some mod podge to glue some cheese cloth on the rolls. I wanted to give the feeling of a tree cavity; so I added some artificial moss around the hole.

The main theme for my work was "dancing" ; so I decided to use this picture with the quotation " Dance like nobody's watching you" in which totally I believe.  I chose this picture of an owl just because it looks like dancing in a deep concentration. Do you think that he cares about us watching him in his cove?